With the completion of it's first tournament, Battalion 1944 proves to be the old-school competitive FPS title BulkHead Interactive promised to it's Kickstarter backers! Although there has been a rocky start to the early access launch due to server & matchmaking problems (that have since been resolved for the most part), the developers have been hard at work to resolve issues as quickly and efficiently as possible.
A recent hotfix announcement posted to the Battalion 1944 Steam Community Page by the developers included a list of confirmed patch notes for the upcoming week 1 update.
A few bug fixes confirmed for the Week 1 Update
Later this week we’re going to be putting out a client update with a host of minor fixes before we launch competitive play. These fixes will include:
- Collision fixes to prevent certain overpowered boost spots on competitive maps.
- Collision fixes to prevent areas players could get out of the playable area.
- Fixed certain spots where players could lean through walls for information.
- Fixed certain collision volumes affecting grenade bounces
- Fixed the issue where in some instances headshots would instead count as neck shots.
- Fixed ‘spin boosts’
- XP displays to the client more reliably.
- Fixed weapon skins not being enabled on distributed servers.
- New Feature: Filter servers by server name, player count, map, mode and ping.
- New Feature: Search for servers by name
- New Feature: Hide locked servers.
**Smaller Fixes **
- A host of less noteworthy fixes will also be going live with this update for general stability purposes.
View the full post on Steam.
I am a full time developer and aspiring entrepreneur with a long love of competitive gaming and everything eSports. Founder & Developer of FastFrags.com and KushCupid.com (Legacy Projects Include: CEGL.net, cSports.com, SurvivalOperations.net and D2Asylum.com).